- Interior Design
- Preliminary Design
- Detailed design
- Construction Drawings
- Design coordination
Located in the Gulf of Poets, the Locanda San Pietro was inaugurated on March 1st, 1928. It was designed by architects Raffaello Bibbiani (1891-1989) and Giorgio Guidugli (1886-1961).
The urban and territorial context of this hotel is rather unusual: it was built on a small and elongated area, between the sea and a very steep slope, cut in two by the main route of Portovenere.
The Locanda is articulated into two buildings divided by Via Cappellini, the road axis of the ancient village. To ensure continuity in the hotel spaces, a closed walkway was designed to connect them.
The lower building originally aroused directly on the sea, in continuation of the defensive wall coming from the San Pietro church. Also having a second access from Via Cappellini, the main access to the hotel was from the sea. The building was closed after sixty years of paramount activity and abandonment. It was later bought from the actual property in 2017 that choose GLA and Jouin manku as project team to bring back the Locanda to the ancient splendors of the Twenties.